Critical Illness Cover
Many people insure themselves in case they die, but what about if you survive after being diagnosed with a critical illness, become disabled or undergo a serious medical procedure?
The financial consequences of suffering a critical illness can be far greater than dying. Particularly as you may lose one or both your incomes if either of you have to give up work to care for the other, however you will still have all the normal costs of living, and even the possibility of additional costs for medical treatment or carers.
WHAT IS CRITICAL ILLNESS COVER?
Critical Illness Cover is an insurance that is designed to help protect you and your family from the financial hardship that a serious illness can cause.
A CIC policy pays a tax-free lump sum of money to you if you are diagnosed with or undergo a medical procedure for one of the specified conditions covered by the policy, which can help relieve the financial worry and stress, thus allowing you to focus on your recovery. Typically the money can be used to repay debts such as a mortgage, for home alterations or specialist equipment, pay for private treatment, or simply provide an income whilst convalescing.
The most common claims on critical illness polices are for cancer, heart attack and stroke, however there are many other conditions covered too.
SOME STATISTICS …
- There are around 375,400 new cancer cases in the UK every year, that’s around 1,000 every day (2016-2018).
- Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer.
- Breast, prostate, lung and bowel cancers together accounted for more than half (53%) of all new cancer cases in the UK in 2016-2018.
- There are 1.3 million stroke survivors in the UK.
- Stroke is the leading cause of adult disability. More than a third of all stroke survivors are left dependent on others for everyday activities.
- There are over 100,000 strokes in the UK every year. That’s more than one every five minutes.
- 7.6 million people are living with heart and circulatory diseases
- Around 48,000 people under the age of 75 in the UK die from CVD each year.
Please note that not all forms of cancer, heart attack and stroke are covered by a critical illness policy. As with all insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply.
- Get an instant quote in less than 60 seconds
- Quick, simple and free!
- Easy online process to give you an idea of costs
- We do not charge to arrange any insurance policy
We work with the UK’s leading life insurance providers to offer you high quality cover at a competitive price.
As with all insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply.
The cost of this insurance depends on several factors, such as your age, where you live and your occupation. As a result, the cost you will pay is based on your own circumstances.